Waiting is the Hardest Part

The latest is, I will be sprung at 1 pm, which will likely mean 3, or 4. I am so ready. I am bathed, dressed and antsy. There are still a few things up in the air, the most important being if missing a week of chemo will change the schedule or affect the clinical trial I am in. I hope to find out today, but will find out eventually. These past few days, once I started feeling better, gave me a lot of time to think, which is sometimes good, sometimes not great. I had more than a few moments of despair. I actually feel good now and I don’t look forward to being made sick by chemo again. But unless I want to give up, I’ve got to press on. I do realize I need more help. There is a center for people undergoing cancer treatment and I know now I can’t delay visiting it. They also have programs for caregivers and I am encouraging Jerry to go with me. We have just begun this journey and we are exhausted, particularly from this past week. So it’s time to reach out for help and to do things that make us happy. Having a reprieve this week will free us up to explore our life and how we can make it better. I couldn’t be more ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hit and a Miss

Crying in Costco

All’s Well