Crying in Costco

Jerry and I usually do our Costco-Trader Joe's run every other Tuesday, but this week was busy every day but today. I knew Friday would be difficult, but we were out of everything, plus, friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow evening and I needed ingredients.

At Costco,all of the handicapped spots were taken, of course, but somehow we lucked out and got a space not too far from the entrance. Jerry got my walker out and we headed in to get a motorized cart for me.

Except there weren't any. We stood around for a bit and we decided that I would make a go of it using the shopping cart as my "walker."

We completed the first row and I knew it was not going to work. The cart was not the height I needed and I knew I would never make it around the store. Jerry retrieved my walker and we once again positioned ourselves to see if someone would return one of those motorized carts.

So we waited, and waited. A nice employee came by and said he would find one. See, it turns out that people drive them out to their cars and leave them. Charming.

So we did finally get one and we got our shopping done.

I actually picked a good, fast moving line so we didn't have to wait all that long. I had recently "won" a $50 Costco gift card because I was a top fundraiser at the animal shelter where I volunteer. So Jerry presented the card, and it turned out it didn't have any money on it. Great. I shouldn't have been surprised because something similar happened last year.

Then it was off to Trader Joe's. We got our shopping done relatively quickly, this time with me back in the wheelchair. Which I hate, but I realize I am not strong enough to walk through a store.

And that left me pretty darn depressed. I know, I know, I'll get there. But I want to BE there.

In general, this has been a pretty crappy week. One other awful thing happened which I won't talk about here because it's private, but it upset me enough to affect my sleep and my mood in general.

Usually writing makes me feel better because as I write I work on what's bothering me and generally end on an optimistic note.

That is not in the picture for today. Maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hit and a Miss

All’s Well