Walkies!

This was a big week for walking. it started with Costco, Trader Joe's and Barcs.

Normally, I ride one of those electric scooters at Costco, but this time I used a cart as my walker. I didn't go up and down every aisle, but still, it was a lot of steps. In Trader Joe's, I continued my shopping cart as walker journey. Since the store is so much smaller, we did go up and down every aisle.

When we got home, I made a decision that instead of socializing cats from the wheelchair, I'd brave it with once again, the walker. I was a little concerned because I had already logged a lot of steps, but I was so glad to be using the walker instead of the chair.

At this point, I am using the wheelchair only when I need to transport something, like a cup of coffee from the kitchen to the living room.

I have really grown to hate the wheelchair. I know the more I walk the stronger I will get.

My physical therapist has me taking walks with my cane at PT. I do some walking at home with it, but she doesn't want me using the cane without someone with me, so that is pretty limiting. Jerry's always busy in some other part of the house with a project, but we do try to get in a little cane walking every day.

Jerry has just about finished installing the left-foot accelerator in the Leaf, so parking-lot practice driving is on the horizon. We'd try it today but a Ravens game has all the nearby parking lots full, so later in the week.

I am doing my best to remain patient. Independent walking and driving are just around the corner. I can't wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hit and a Miss

Crying in Costco

All’s Well