At Least It Happened at the End of the Trip

And not nearly traumatic as the last time.

While I tripped a couple of times this week, today I took an actual fall. We were headed to the Anthropological Museum and my foot got caught in a grate. Down I went. I laid there for a minute and could tell I couldn't walk. Len had reserved a wheelchair for me at the museum, and Lisa went in to see if she could bring it to me at the base of the plaza where I took the fall.

Moments later she returned with the wheelchair, and while still in a lot of pain, I managed to climb aboard. At that point I could barely breathe, but I was convinced I would start to feel better in a bit.

As Jerry pushed the chair around the museum the pain did begin to subside. I am thankful that this museum is fairly new, and it is equipped with ramps and all things accessible. Our amazing tour guide, Emanuel, made sure I could see evetything. He was incredible and I learned so much.

We stayed and had a great lunch at the museum and then called an Uber. A museum security guard accompanied us to wait for the Uber and once we were on board, she returned the wheelchair.

Thr next hurdle would be getting into the apartment, but the ever-resourceful Spanish-speaking Lisa got an office chair on wheels and Jerry and a staff member got me into the apartment.

I am now in bed, hoping I will be mobile by tomorrow.

Despite its uneven sidewalks and less-than-accessible points of interest, I would return to Mexico City in a heartbeat.

Fascinating museums, astoundingly good restaurants, lovely people. And although switching apartments improved my stay tremendously, I think I will look for another place to stay in a more fun area of the city.

Len and Lisa are out scouting provisions for an eat-in dinner, and we will open up one of the Valle de Guadeloupe Mexican wines I purchased.

While at times I felt like I was holding up the group, they kept reassuring me everything was okay. I hope that's true because the four of us are going to Tbilisi in October.

At least I know by then my hip will be healed and I will be stronger. And I'm determined to learn a few words of Georgian before we go.

Here's hoping I will be back on two feet tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crying in Costco

Cha Cha Cha

All Fall Down. Again